Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Have you ever noticed that people see what they want to see? No matter what the situation or the circumstance everyone sees things so differently from each other? And when they are stuck in a pattern it still is the same perception? You can explain, convince or not explain and convince and it gets the same results?

So hence the 2nd and 3rd agreement from the "Four Agreements" by Miguel Ruiz.
Never take anything personally and Don't assume anything.

I believe we all human beings do this very thing. And when we allow ourselves to do this we then have conflict or we are drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die! Have you heard of that quote?

Anyhow, Miguel believes that is why we do have war is because of those very things. Plus, he encourages us to practice them "always do you best" so that those will become minimal. Thus we have personal freedom. I, myself, have to remind myself of these things daily. It is always part of my personal study. Along with my scriptures you will find the Ensign, New Era and The FOur Agreements. It is quite funny to see that combination.

Thanks to all my friends and family who are so patient with me as I work on this. It really helps as I improve for them to understand me better. Always be impeccable with your word!!

Even the dog.

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I love that agreement. I have really tried to apply it in my life since I first read that book. It is so easy to assume I know exactly what others are thinking and feeling but I am usually wrong.

I think one of the biggest issues is that we only have our own experience to go on, so that is why we so often have such difficulty seeing another point of view that we have no real experience with.