Friday, March 2, 2007

Balanced Life?

So last night in class I read this great line to cause of pause for thinking and it states:
"A balanced life is a life unbalanced, rebalanced!"

I so have been reflecting on this for some time as I feel many times like a old tire that has to be rebalanced regularly. I truly am grateful for my life and the many many wonderful people in it that enrich and bless me so abundantly. I'm even very grateful for the difficult situations that have come my way too. It has so helped me to reevaluate what is important. I really do work hard at trying to stay balanced, but so many unexpected things come that take my attention. So sometimes I don't get out of my pj's, sometimes I don't get my hair combed or whatever. But it's not because I don't want to, life is just full! I thought my life was really busy when we were raising our 4 children, but at this point I am totally amazed at the things and demands on our time that comes in this time of life. So I'm constantly re-balancing. The things that really bring me down to earth or from out to lunch is my 7 grandchildren. I love to just sit and play with them or talk to them, they have a tremendous balancing force in my life. I am so grateful when they come over or we get to spend some time with them. So grateful to their parents for their generosity. Another is visits to the ward members (which we do a lot of now a days), or visits with my students that are needing assistance in some way. And of course my own children, watching them all live their lives!
At the end of the day, though, Mike and I come home from very physical jobs just worn out, maybe a few blowouts in that ole' tire so we wobble more, so we need down time. But grateful for the associations, for the hard work and for the chance to share what happened through out the day that filled our tires up!
Well guys, I'm afraid I need to go and rebalance my life again. So I'll blog when I get another chance next week or whatever. Away I go with a wobble again!!!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

No need to blog daily! REbalancing is a good thing...i liked this entry, I never thought of it that way but it is really very true.