Friday, April 6, 2007

Thou Gracious God, whose mercy lends!

Today my heart is full. Full to the brim with gratitude for my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father, my eternal Heavenly Father who has great parental affection for me and for all of us! I have shed tears of joy in knowing what has been done for me! That my table has been spread and my head anointed with oil and with blessings unmeasured, my cup runneth o'er! Through the gifts and blessings of my loving Father in Heaven. He, who is very aware of me.
His tender mercies that come through those who love me, who are responding to His Spirit to bless me when I need it. Some such mercies are when a little grandchild will count me as special, when one such child of mine will reach out to me in love and confidence. When another will want to be with me and confide in me. When one such child will call from far away lands just to talk. When another will say to me, don't worry, I am really good. I feel a deep gratitude for those small gifts I am given.
I am so grateful for the hymns of Zion, music that brings me nearer to God. Knowing and remembering the embraces of a Loving Heavenly Father before I left Him. That He sent His peace to be with me all the while I'm here in this sphere. That my loving circle will be together again one day. The trials, disappointments, discouragements, mistakes or whatever the trail of earth life will all be justified and made right.
Come, let us anew our journey pursue, Roll round with the year, and never stand still till the Master appear, His adorable will let us gladly fulfill and our talents improve by the patience of hope and the labor of love. Our life as a dream, our time as a stream glide swiftly away, and the fugitive moment refuses to stay; For the arrow is flown and the moments are gone The millennial year presses on to or view, and eternity's here.
On, that each in the day of His coming may say, "I have fought my way thru, I have finished the work Thou didst give me to do." Oh that each from his Lord may receive the glad word. "Well and faithfully done; Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne."
This is where I want to be with all of mine!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

No comment really...wonderful post, though. I really loved reading it.