Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dear Heavenly Father.......

Saying prayers with the girls was absolutely delightful!! I didn't know what they would say in their childlike way. Most of the time I would secretly be giggling because it was so darling and, of course, so pure!! Most of the time Chloe would say, " Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, in the name............" and Bria's would be longer and much more elaborate. Sometimes Bria would say to Chloe, "You always say that, Chloe, say more!" But Chloe wouldn't. Then the second night, Chloe really said A LOT!! It was so surprising, but I was so happy to hear what she had to say. She would say, "bless that we will go to sleep, bless Bria's sunburn that it will be done, and bless mommy and daddy that they will be safe......." She went on and on and I LOVED it!!!

And when she was done she was very proud of herself that she had much more to pray for!!

From that time forward, Bria no longer would say, "Say more, Chloe!!" And we clapped and told her how wonderful she was, and how Heavenly Father loves hearing from her!

Out of the mouths of babes, my "grand" babes!

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Hee hee...that is exactly how it is! Bria prays and prays, and Chloe is short and sweet. And when she does add something, it's usually for Bria. Cute.

And, I'm going to bed right now! Promise.

Shana said...

I love listening to Brayden & Daxtons prayers. Every night & Day Jake and I look forward to their cute, long prayers! They sure pray about EVERYTHING. The other day Daxton even said, "Thank You mama grew up to be a good girl!" I loved that one. Childrens prayers are amazing.