Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Deep Desire!

This is a short 5 minute blog, that I'm fitting in in exactly that as I have to go VTeaching. I just had to share a little about our Sacrament Meeting today with a couple missionary and a young Elder missionary going out and the great feelings of the Spirit that was felt there today, the holiness, the sacredness of talking about serving others and going and finding those elect that are being prepared. Gerri and Ralph have such depth and love, yes, I'm prejudice, she has been my walking partner for about 5 years and I know her very well and she me!! Her talk was funny, was uplifting and inspiring all at the same time. Her love of others will come through to those who come in contact with her in Finland.

Ralph said there was two places that he loved the most in his life to be and that was, Finland and in the hearts of those he loves. That truly touched me deeply. I can relate to that, I have always wanted to be in the hearts of those I love and I suppose the other place is in the Temple. It is absolutely wonderful how with age comes wisdom and comes only the things that really matter. You recognize it because those things have come and gone now and you long for those days again, but with more depth and caring as ever before.

If I could say one thing to all of you, is that my heart has always been soft, it has always been open, whether or not I have said things awkwardly or hurtfully, I can tell you with sincere honesty that I never ever wanted to hurt, to put down, or to intentionally make things harder for another. Everything, even some hard things have only been about doing it for a better or higher reason or out of a deep love.

What I desire is to be in the hearts of my friends and loved ones forever.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Yes I am sure you will miss Geri. She will be a great missionary. I too want to be in the hearts of my loved ones. I think everyone has that desire. It is a great desire. What a good post. Thanks for sharing that. I like reading what you have to say. :)

Lara Neves said...

Heck, I'll miss them, but they are going to be such awesome missionaries!

I think very few people do things maliciously, at least that's what I hope. Perhaps we say things without thinking of others' feelings first, but never with the intent to hurt. I think we all desire what you do.