Friday, November 13, 2009

A Very Special Girl!

I am dedicating this blog post to one of my dear daughters-in-law whom I am coming to know better each day. She is a beautiful girl inside and out and her name is Rachael. She is just one of the family members whom I adore, but I would like to introduce you to her ever so strong strengths. First of all, she will come up and talk with me and ask me searching questions, thirsty to learn and open to hear. Not many people are like that. I hope she knows that whatever I say is only an opinion and she can do with it as she wants, trash it, use it , wear it, or laugh at it!! Because that is what it is, an opinion!! I so appreciate this strength in her, as I can relax and voice what I have come to know in life, ever rational or irrational it may seem.
Another strength is she smiles, ALOT, and she wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings if she tried. She would get out of there first before she would ever want to hurt someone. That is a great strength because she is trying to think of the other person first. I know this of her. Even if I say something that could be taken wrong, she seems to give me the benefit of the doubt, what greater blessing is there by someone you love???
She enjoys trying to sort things out and through and over and around etc. etc. I am grateful I am there to be the one she sometimes asks. It is a blessing. If I have the time, I really like to listen to her and try to put things in a different perspective when not emotionally involved. Heaven knows when we are emotionally involved we never see things as clearly as we would like to think we do. I appreciate it when someone will hear me out too!! So I love that I get to do that at times.
These are just a few of the strengths I see and have the priviledge of partaking of when rubbing shoulders with Rachael! Aren't I lucky?

Yes, I am!! I love you my dear!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Oh that was really sweet. I can really tell you love her.