Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Beginnings.....

Well, hello everyone!!! Whoever is out there reading this, which, much to my chagrin are probably a select few. BUT those few are very dear to me, that's all I can say!!! Anyhow, we are back!! And what a trip this was. I can't even begin to put the proper words here to explain the magnificence, the beauty, the sweetness and the Spirit of this Church History Site trip. First of all we went on our own. We began in the cradle of the restoration. Palmyra. This place felt really sacred. The Sacred Grove was my favorite spot, it gave me a feeling of peace, or longing for home, of knowledge that Joseph did indeed see God, the Father and the Son, Jesus Christ. It was indescribable. We stayed in the grove for at least an hour, talking of the things that happened here, also of Jon's experience in that Mission. Also, of the great testimony Jon has of that place. It was very sweet there and I felt and received some very special things there. The Temple is built directly east of the Sacred Grove, right next to the Joseph Smith Farm. and Wow, what a sight. Joseph, I'm sure, saw that Temple there and was assured in every way of what was to come in that special place. The Temple inside was so special. Every window has the sacred grove in stained glass. The man who was commissioned to do the windows asked if he could do all the windows in the sacred grove and Pres. Hinckley said it could not go over budget but if hw got a donor, then he could do it. He got a donor. This temple is a small one, but so gorgeous inside. I really wanted to stay in that part of the vineyard longer. I'm sorry I'll be back tomorrow, I'm starting to crash and burn, been up since 2:30 a.m. this morning traveling. Sooo.......

1 comment:

Kathleen Pitt said...

oh that sounds so beautiful! Wish I could have gone in your suitcase with you! how lucky you are to be able to do that in your own country :)