Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Going up!

I truly wish I was as techy as my kids are with postings and pictures, and, well, just about everything in this tech world! BUT I'm not. I should try to find a picture to enahnce this post but, Oh well, such as it is, I just want to post a wonderful experience Mike and I had tonight.

Going to the Temple.

Especially at this time of year! We both are so so busy with school and the Brown Santa Claus that we usually don't have the time nor the energy to do one more thing. But this year we want to make sure we go. So we made the decision at 5:30 p.m. to go and off we went by 6:15 p.m. And it was glorious!

The sweet, clean smell of the air surrounding the Temple, next to that gorgeous mountain was so blissful. Walking UP the walkway, up to the mountain, was so symbolic. The seeing of many faithful people, young and old, going and being replenished, recharged and rejuvenated for the "living in the world", was so appreciated. But the most wonderful feeling always comes from being inside, away from the world, and in the warmth of love of a familiar feeling, and that is the loving arms of Father in Heaven and His Son. I feel their presence and I always learn so much, especially when we do sealings. Tonight it was sealings again, of 12 names from my Dad's side of the family.

Mike and I always leave feeling kinder, more helpful, more loving than when we entered and for that I keep making a promise to myself and to each other, we must go there more often than we do. It changes you. Changes us for the better.

So, as we left, I said to Mike, "the adversary does not want us here to find out the truth. And the truth is, this gospel is TRUE and every promise and covenant in it is true! And each time we go, these truths get in us more and give us the strength to deal with the adversary!"

I Love the Temple, it changes me! And I feel great gratitude for it!

No comments: